This page contains a collection of real-world and academic digital marketing projects I have worked on recently. The projects include skills covering the digital marketing funnel from top to bottom.
I look forward to meeting you!
Oakland City Auditor
The Auditor’s job is to monitor and provide oversight of all City activities. I worked with the office to develop an informative, positive, forward-thinking communications strategy designed to give the residents of Oakland relevant, timely, and essential information about the City Auditor’s work and findings.
- Created a clearly defined brand strategy including messaging and visual identity
- Collaborated with internal staff and external web designer to redesign the website
- Established a communications strategy for email and social media
- Role: Brand Consultant. The project included market research of its peers, brand strategy, website audit, website content development, SEO, and communication strategies.
- WordPress, SEO, Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter
Redwood Heights Association
Redwood Heights Association is a nonprofit community organization; it replaced a neighborhood association that did not adapt to a digital world. I led the project to establish its new online presence and developed a communication strategy designed to build awareness of the association, create interest in its events, and grow donor revenue.
- Set up all digital marketing and database tools
- Collaborated with community volunteers to build a new website and create visual assets
- Created interest in its events and increased event attendance by 267% since 2016
- Successfully increased fundraising results by 573% when compared to 2016
- Role: Project leadership, website content development, communication strategy, database administrator, creative, and social media contributor
- WordPress, MailChimp, Insightly, QuickBooks, Canva, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
UC Berkeley Extension
Team Project 1
Digital Marketing Bootcamp, 2021
Team member on a project to build a digital marketing strategy for a fictitious nonprofit organization covering the top to the bottom of the marketing funnel and to build a website. The business objective was to grow its volunteer base and to double annual donations. The marketing objectives included building awareness of the company, increasing interest through content marketing, and converting users into volunteers and donors.
- Collaborated with team members to develop a marketing strategy for this campaign to relaunch the Clean Ocean website using SEO best practices, execute a content marketing strategy, and uniformly apply its brand across all channels
- Role: Project leadership, brand strategy including messaging and visual identity, key performance metrics
- WordPress, SEMRush, Canva, Trello
Team Project 2
Digital Marketing Bootcamp, 2021
For this team project, we proposed a loyalty program to the leadership of SFMOMA, a brick-and-mortar business. The program objective was to bring people from the Bay Area into the museum. It included a multi-channel digital marketing campaign and landing page.
- Developed the fictitious SFMOMA Friends loyalty program
- Created a marketing plan using paid advertising, remarketing, and email marketing with relevant KPIs to measure success
- Build a customer-facing landing page using SEO best practices
- Role: Project leadership, product development, KPIs, lead scoring system, and presentation
- WordPress, SEO, Google Search Ads, Google Display Ads, Facebook and Instagram Remarketing Ads, Canva